We’re excited that you’re interested in being a part of the worship arts team at EagleNaz! This is a fun, challenging, and rewarding ministry. If God has gifted you with musical or technical talent, we want you to be able to use it for His glory. This is a somewhat complex ministry with many moving parts. So for your advantage, and that of the worship ministry as a whole, there is a short process to become a regularly scheduled member of the worship team. Here are the first few steps…
- Prayerfully consider your involvement.
- Please read the following information (There's a lot of important information that you will need to know).
- Fill out the application below and click submit.
- Record and submit a video of you singing and/or playing a song that would give us a good idea of your musical ability and show your heart for worship.
- Someone on the worship leadership team will contact you about your application and a scheduled audition time.
Once you submit your application, the Worship Leader will contact you to arrange an audition time. He will communicate with you prior to the rehearsal about the song or songs for your audition. Usually we ask that you learn one or two songs from the setlist for that particular weekend.
Auditions are, by nature, a little intimidating. We will try to make the process as relaxed as possible. In some cases, it may be evident that an applicant’s skills have not developed enough to serve on a regularly scheduled basis. Should this be the case, those conducting the audition will give some feedback on how the applicant can improve. After some time and practice another audition may be scheduled.
Before you begin serving on the weekend, we ask that you come and hang out with the worship team during rehearsals for several weeks. There are a few reasons for this.
- Rehearsals cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. Being a spectator will allow you to see first-hand how rehearsals flow.
- When you know what to expect at rehearsal, it will allow you to be better prepared when it is your turn.
- It may help you to be more relaxed. Playing or singing with a new group of people can cause some to be nervous. Having multiple chances to meet those you will be serving alongside should calm your nerves.
An additional step will be to have the staff set up an account for you on www.planningcenteronline.com. This is an online service planning website where band members, songs and service flow are scheduled and posted. It allows worship team members to access chord charts and lyric sheets as well as mp3’s of songs we will be using in worship.
After your account is set up and you have access to the resources you need, you’re ready to go.
Take a moment to review the schedule below. This is the normal weekly schedule and commitment expectations for those leading in worship on Sunday.
Monday – Wednesday (3–4 hrs)
- Listen, practice and memorize the music for Thursday rehearsal
Thursday Night (3 hrs)
- Devotional/Prayer time/Team talk through (6:30pm–6:55pm)
- Rehearsal (7:00pm–9:00pm)
Friday – Saturday (1 hr)
- Sharpen anything that’s questionable
Sunday (4 hrs)
- Final run-through and prayer (8:00am)
- Worship Service (9:30am)
- Worship Service (11:00am)